Miss H Wilson Y1 Teacher
Mrs L Stewart Y1 Teaching Assistant
Welcome back to Year one and I hope you all had a fantastic summer break! All of the children have arrived back to school with lovely smiles on their faces and look super smart in their new uniforms. They have settled well and have made a great start to the year!
This year we have lots of exciting new topics to learn about, books to read and new experiences to take part in on our learning journey. Please feel free to check out our overview below, which will inform you of all our topics we will be covering this half term.
- PE will be on Wednesdays. Please ensure children have their full PE kit (clearly named) in school. This can remain in school and will be sent home at the end of each half term.
- Music and singing will take place on Tuesday mornings.
- Your children will have access to Seesaw and Purple Mash, I will send the login details for these soon.
- Please ensure your child brings their own water bottle to school, as school do not provide or sell these.
- Reading books will be sent home on Fridays to be returned to school the following week. We are currently awaiting book bags, please bear with us.
- Spellings will be sent home on Friday to be kept at home. Children should practice in their home spelling books, which are to be kept at home. The spelling test will take place on Friday mornings each week.
- Any homework will be sent out on Fridays with instructions.
Mrs Stewart and I are looking forward to getting to know you and working with you all thus year. Thank you for your patience and continued support.