Welcome back children! What an exciting adventure we will be going on this half term.
Our topic this half term is HEALTHY ME! The children will be learning how to keep themselves healthy and will explore healthy diets, exercise, their emotions and how to keep themselves safe.
We will be supporting the children daily to write their names in our key worker groups and will be assisting them to develop their independent name writing.
For Maths Mastery, nursery will be focussing on number three in addition to learning more about shapes around us.
In phonics, we will be continuing to develop our awareness of rhyme by encouraging children to continue a rhyming string (e.g. dog, log, frog…). We will also be focussing on one letter per week and will be finding things in school and at home that begin with that letter sound.
Nursery will begin the term reading Handa’s Surprise by Eileen Browne. The story is about a young girl in Africa who collects fruit for her friend. We will be exploring different fruits, making smoothies and learning all about Africa and comparing a small village in Africa to Kirkby.
We will continue to send out a different nursery rhyme for the children to learn every week and we will also begin to encourage the children to practice writing their names. Look out for extra bits of work to help to get your child prepare for Reception (it seems a long way off but it will be here before you know it).
Everyone should now have access to SeeSaw and I hope you enjoyed looking at some of the activities the children took part in last term. Please continue to update Seesaw with any relevant learning your child is doing at home. Look at the Spring 1overview for what we will be helping your child achieve this half term. When parents talk about their child’s learning in school and actively encourage experiences and activities which relate to what is being taught, the children really flourish at school.
There are a limited number of nursery places still available so if you know if anyone who has a child requiring a nursery place, please tell them to contact the school ASAP to avoid disappointment.
We’re really looking forward to a fun half term with lots of learning!
Some things to help you:
- Nursery begins at 8.30am and finishes at 11.30am
- We ask for a snack contribution of £1 per week per child payable every Monday morning.
- Please ensure your child has a bag (labelled) with a change of clothes in to keep in school. If unsoiled, this will be returned to you on the last day before half term.
- Please send your child into school with their own clearly labelled water bottle, school do not provide or sell water bottles.
- Please ensure coats, hats, scarves and cardigans or jumpers are clearly labelled with your child’s name.
- Book bags will be given out every Friday to be returned on Monday. Please enjoy the book with your child and comment on their engagement and things they have said about the story in their reading record.
- You will have access to the online learning platform SeeSaw which will be used as a home / school link and to view some of your child’s learning whilst in school).
We have a limited number of Nursery places available. If you know of anyone requiring a place for their child, please ask them to contact the office ASAP.