Further Information for our children and families
The Local Food Banks would like to make parents/ carers aware that families will still be able to access food without the paper vouchers. Please find a link to the local food banks and opening times below.
As school closes tomorrow, Friday 20th March 2020, for most pupils please be aware of some helpful hints:
- Childline, Samaritans, Mind, domestic abuse helplines and other support services that can help children and families. The Knowsley safeguarding website has a range of services listed in one place for both children and parents – www.knowsleyscp.org.uk
- Be aware that children may spend more time online, look on our school web site for online safety advice and resources such as Thinkuknow, SaferInternetCentre and Netaware
- Children are hearing about the Coronavirus too and naturally, may be feeling scared and anxious. Talking with your child about their worries may help. Child Mind Institute and Mindheart have resources that might support you.
- Be aware of resources that support children and families with their emotional wellbeing e.g. Go Noodle, Calmzone, Headspace
- Try to enjoy time together, maybe ‘digital 5 a day’, enjoy books , arts and crafts, encourage play and interaction e.g. Family board games, BBC ‘Tiny Happy People’ .
Take care and keep safe in these challenging circumstances we all face .
Mrs A Afflick and Westvale Staff.